Small businesses are a big target for scammers, who have sophisticated schemes that are hard to spot.
Stevie, our reformed scammer, can show you how they work, so you can protect your business.
Protect your business:
- Have clear procedures for verifying, paying and managing accounts and invoices.
- Limit the number of people who have authority to place orders or pay invoices.
- Keep written records of all orders and purchases.
- Deal with people and businesses you know and trust.
- Use reputable, up-to-date anti-virus software and a firewall.
- Don't click on links in emails from unfamiliar businesses or sources.
- Never rely on information provided by a person or business that you don't know and trust.
- Always seek independent advice if a product or service is expensive or requires a written agreement.
Last updated: 17/06/2013