Important changes to domestic building in Victoria
The Government released its Domestic Building Consumer Protection Reform Strategy on 27 May 2013.
The strategy sets out changes including:
- establishing a `one stop shop’ for consumers and builders
- improving registration standards, oversight and discipline
- improving consumer information
- improving dispute resolution
- improving mandatory insurance.
The reforms will be introduced during 2013 and 2014, in stages to give consumers, builders and insurers time to change their practices.
Public comment on the implementation will be invited later this year. For details, visit the Domestic building consumer protection reform strategy page - Department of Treasury and Finance website.
In this section:
Video transcript - builders and tradespeople (Word, 26KB)
Last updated: 19/06/2013