Before you lodge a complaint
When to use this form
Use this online form to let us know about a product you believe to be unsafe or dangerous.
What to include
Please include as much detail as possible to help us with any investigations, including a daytime contact number, as we may need to call you for more information.
Before you begin this form, make sure you have the following information:
- name of the product
- where it is being sold
- date of purchase (if applicable)
- product make and/or model
- name of manufacturer/importer
- the cost (if applicable)
- any injuries as a result of the incident, including
- what injuries occurred
- the date the incident occurred
- the age of the person injured
- whether the injured person needed medical attention.
- was the incident a near miss - i.e. was there a potential for someone to be injured by the product?
- any supporting documentation or evidence (e.g. photographs, receipt, advertisement). You can upload a maximum of three files (15MB total).
How to lodge a complaint
Open the complaint form
Note: This form has three stages and you have 20 minutes to complete each stage. Each stage will automatically refresh after 20 minutes and clear all data.
Alternatively, download and lodge our Product safety complaint form (Word, 761KB)
Note: Lodgement details are on the form. You will need to send us a completed form with any supporting documents attached.
What happens after you lodge a complaint
We will assess the information you have provided. If an injury occurred as a result of the product, we may contact you to get more information before we begin any investigations.
If no one was injured, depending on the circumstances, we will either:
- provide you with information or advice, or
- keep the information for our intelligence.
Note: We do not discuss any ongoing investigations until they become public.
Where to next: