If a new landlord/agent or owner takes over the management of a leased property, the previous and new landlord/agent or owner must:
- complete and sign an Agent/Landlord Transfer form
- send the form to the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) within five business days of the changeover
- give a copy of the completed form to the tenants or residents.
You may be fined for not sending an Agent/Landlord Transfer form to the RTBA.
To generate this form online:
- Visit the RTBA Online website
- Ensure pop-ups are enabled. Otherwise you will not be able to generate the form.
- Enter your Bond ID number (found on the bond receipt).
- Enter your family name, select the type of user and then select 'Search'. This opens the 'Bond Summary' page.
- Select 'Transfer this bond' menu item. This opens in a new page where you select 'Agent/Landlord Transfer'.
- Enter the details on each page and then select 'Generate Form'.
- Once generated, the Agent/Landlord Transfer form must be printed, then signed by the outgoing landlord/estate agent and the incoming landlord/estate agent.
- Mail the completed form to:
Locked Bag 007
Wendouree VIC 3355