Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

Agent/Landlord bond transfers

If a new landlord/agent or owner takes over the management of a leased property, the previous and new landlord/agent or owner must:

  • complete and sign an Agent/Landlord Transfer form
  • send the form to the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) within five business days of the changeover
  • give a copy of the completed form to the tenants or residents.

You may be fined for not sending an Agent/Landlord Transfer form to the RTBA.

To generate this form online:

  1. Visit the RTBA Online website
  2. Ensure pop-ups are enabled. Otherwise you will not be able to generate the form.
  3. Enter your Bond ID number (found on the bond receipt).
  4. Enter your family name, select the type of user and then select 'Search'. This opens the 'Bond Summary' page.
  5. Select 'Transfer this bond' menu item. This opens in a new page where you select 'Agent/Landlord Transfer'.
  6. Enter the details on each page and then select 'Generate Form'.
  7. Once generated, the Agent/Landlord Transfer form must be printed, then signed by the outgoing landlord/estate agent and the incoming landlord/estate agent.
  8. Mail the completed form to:
    Locked Bag 007
    Wendouree VIC 3355
Tenants and Landlords