Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

Claiming a bond if a party to the bond is overseas

If a party to a bond is overseas, you have two options:

  • Option 1: Complete the Bond Claim form, then send it via email or post to the overseas party for signing. When all the parties have signed the form, submit it to the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) by:
    • mail to:
      Locked Bag 007
      Wendouree, VIC 3355, or
    • fax, if the property manager is registered to use the RTBA Fax Facility.
  • Option 2: The overseas party can provide a signed letter by post or email attachment. This letter must include:
    • three pieces of information about the bond, such as bond number, property address and the overseas party's full name
    • the amount being claimed and preferred repayment method, and
    • this overseas party's signature (the signature must match the original one registered with the RTBA).

Submit this letter with the completed Bond Claim form.

Tenants and Landlords