Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

How do I claim a bond if there is a dispute between the landlord/agent and tenants/residents?

If a landlord or agent, and a tenant or resident, cannot agree on the division of the bond, either party can apply to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT). VCAT will hear the case and make a decision on how to divide the bond. You must apply to VCAT within 10 business days of the tenant or resident leaving the premises.  

After receiving a VCAT order, you must complete and mail a Bond Claim form with the order to:

  • Residential Tenancies Bond Authority
    Locked Bag 007
    Wendouree VIC 3355
Tenants and Landlords