Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

Claiming or transferring the bond if you are the next of kin or legal representative for a tenant or landlord

If a tenant or landlord is:

  • out of contact
  • incapacitated, or
  • represented by a nominee

you must submit evidence of this if you are submitting a Bond Claim form or Transfer form when you have signed on their behalf.

The evidence may be:

  • Power of Attorney, including:
    • General Power of Attorney
    • Enduring Power of Attorney, or
    • a Guardian appointed by the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) or a court.
  • a Letter of Appointment.

The tenant or landlord's authorised representative, who is named in the evidence, may sign the Bond Claim form, Tenant Transfer form, or Agent/Landlord Transfer form on behalf of the tenant or landlord.

If a tenant or landlord has died, you must provide evidence and complete a statutory declaration. For more information, view our If a tenant or landlord dies page.

Tenants and Landlords