Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

Claiming the bond if you cannot collect the signatures of all parties

If a party to the bond cannot sign the Bond Claim form, the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) will accept an authority from that party in writing (by post) authorising the disbursement of the bond. This letter must be attached to a Bond Claim form when it is submitted and include a signature that the RTBA can match to its records.

If you cannot contact a party to the bond, you should make an application to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) seeking an order directing the RTBA to repay the bond.

Complete a Bond Claim form and post it together with the signed letter and VCAT order to:


Locked Bag 007

Wendouree VIC 3355

Tenants and Landlords