Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

Claiming (getting back) your rental bond

To claim your bond, you need to submit a Bond Claim form to the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA). 

To generate the form online:

  1. Visit RTBA Online:
  2. Ensure pop ups are enabled. Otherwise you will not be able to generate the form.
  3. Enter your: 
    • Bond ID number, found on the bond receipt
    • family name
  4. Select ‘tenant’ as the type of user and then select ‘Search’. This opens the ‘Bond Summary’ page.
  5. Select ‘Refund your bond’ menu item. This opens an instruction page.
  6. Enter the details on each page and then click 'Generate Form'.
  7. Once generated, the Bond Claim form must be printed, then signed by the tenant and landlord/estate agent.

Mail the completed form to:

  • RTBA
    Locked Bag 007
    Wendouree VIC 3355
Tenants and Landlords