Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

How do I resolve a dispute between my business and another business?

We may be able to help you resolve a dispute with another business, if your business bought:

  • goods or services that cost up to $40,000
  • goods or services that cost more than $40,000 and of a kind ordinarily acquired for domestic, household or personal use or consumption
  • a vehicle or trailer primarily used to transport goods on public roads.

These purchases are covered by the Australian Consumer Law (ACL). However, the ACL does not apply where your business bought goods to resell or transform into a product to sell.

Call our Business InfoLine on 1300 098 631 or email

For other types of disputes between businesses, contact the Office of the Small Business Commissioner.

As Victoria's consumer affairs regulator, we help businesses and consumers understand their rights and responsibilities.