Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

Getting your bond back if you are overseas and do not have a bank account in Australia

Complete a Bond Claim form and submit it to the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA). The RTBA will repay the bond on receipt of a valid Bond Claim form by:

  • issuing a non-negotiable cheque, which can be sent to your overseas address
  • Overseas Telegraphic Transfer (OTT) of funds into your overseas bank account. This will incur a bank fee of $30.00AUD, which will be deducted from the total refund amount. An OTT can only be completed if you are unable to bank the RTBA cheque, and have no friends or family with an Australian bank account you can use. The transfer will take approximately five business days to process.
Tenants and Landlords