Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

How tenants can transfer an Electronic Transaction (ET) bond to another tenant

You can only transfer an ET bond held by the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) to another tenant if you paid the bond from your own money (private contribution). 

You cannot transfer the bond to another tenant if you paid it using a Director of Housing (DoH) loan.

After you agree on the transfer with your agent, they will submit the transaction via the RTBA Online website.

When you receive an SMS and email from the RTBA, you must:

  1. follow the link in the email to the RTBA Online website
  2. agree to the terms and conditions
  3. review the transfer information and select 'Accept details'
  4. select 'Yes' to accept the transaction details in the pop-up window

You will see a confirmation that the transaction is complete.

Tenants and Landlords