Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

How to pay a bond

The Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) accepts bond payments either by:

  • cheque or money order, made payable to the RTBA, attached to a bond lodgement form signed by all parties, or
  • electronic transaction, from agents or landlords who are registered with the RTBA as a property manager.

For more information, visit the RTBA Online website.

The agent/landlord or owner can decide how to collect the bond payment from the tenants. However, the RTBA encourages tenants to request a receipt from the agent/landlord or owner when paying the bond to them. If this transfer is made by direct debit, tenants should keep a copy of the fund transfer for future reference.

Tenants and Landlords