Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

Lodging a Director of Housing (DoH) bond

To lodge a DoH bond, you need a bond loan voucher provided by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).

The tenant(s) and the landlord or property manager must check the voucher for accuracy, as the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) will use the details provided to lodge the bond.

The lodged voucher will initiate an electronic funds transfer from the DoH to the RTBA for the amount specified.

Notify DHHS of any corrections immediately, so they can issue a replacement voucher before the bond is lodged.

If the voucher is correct, the landlord or property manager should sign it and post it to:
Locked Bag 007 
Wendouree VIC 3355.

Alternatively the property manager can fax the form, if they are registered with the RTBA Fax Facility.

If the bond includes both a DoH and a private contribution, lodge the two components separately.

For the private contribution, lodge the bond using an electronic transaction via the RTBA Online website. Alternatively, post the standard RTBA Bond Lodgement form and a cheque or money order for the amount of the private contribution. To declare the bond value, use only the private contribution – not the total bond amount.

For the DoH contribution, post the DoH bond loan voucher (no cheque required).


General bond information