Registered Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) Agents may submit an Agent/Landlord Transfer form when there are a number of properties to transfer from one property manager to another. You can generate this form by logging into RTBA Online.
To do a bulk agent/landlord transfer, you must submit a:
- single Agent/Landlord Transfer form:
- indicating 'bond list attached', in section 1 of the form
- ensuring the outgoing and incoming agents enter their agent details and sign the form
- ensuring these signatures match with the signatories list registered with the RTBA
- bond list of properties being transferred (not required in the exemption below)
- including the bond number, bond amount, property address and tenant names
- ensuring the outgoing and incoming agents sign on each page of this list.
You are exempt from providing the bond list when transferring an entire rent roll. In these cases:
- write 'Transfer entire rent roll' in section 1 of the Agent/Landlord Transfer form. This tells the RTBA that all bonds currently registered under the outgoing agent are to be transferred to the new agent
- you do not need to attach a bond list
- you can leave section 2 of the form blank
- both agents must sign sections 3 and 4 of the form as usual.