As an agent, you can only initiate an ET tenant transfer after you have completed background checks to ensure the prospective tenants are suitable.
If a bond is paid using a Director of Housing (DoH) bond loan, the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) will not transfer the bond to another tenant.
When submitting a tenant transfer against an ET bond, you must:
- log in to RTBA Online
- search for and select the bond you want to transfer
- select 'Transfer this bond' from the menu on the left
- select the type of transfer, in this case 'Tenant'
- select 'Electronic' on the pop-up window to pursue the option of an ET tenant transfer, then proceed to Step 6.
Note: if you select 'Paper-based' on the pop-up window, you will generate the form online as applied to access Level 1 agents. Print the form generated and get all parties to the bond to sign the form. All the tenants must also supply photo identification, to confirm their signatures, when the paper form it submitted
- select whether the current tenant is an incoming or outgoing tenant, and provide details under new tenants. To add additional tenants, select 'Add Tenant'.
A confirmation will display on the screen, showing that the transaction has been initiated.
The RTBA will then send a SMS and an email to the tenant. The tenant must:
- follow the link in their email to RTBA Online
- agree to the RTBA Online terms and conditions
- review the transfer information and select 'Accept Details'
- select 'Yes' for confirmation of their acceptance to the transaction details in the pop-up window.
A confirmation will display on their screen, showing that the transaction has been completed.