Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

How can I cancel an electronic transaction?

A tenant/resident may cancel an electronic transaction if they:

  • reject the Electronic Transactions (ET) terms and conditions, or
  • do not accept the transaction details proposed by the agent.

A registered user of the RTBA Online ET Facility may cancel the transaction if the:

  • lodgement does not proceed
  • tenant wants to complete a paper form
  • registered user enters the transaction information incorrectly.

An electronic lodgement is also cancelled if a direct debit request fails and the RTBA does not hold any funds (similar to a payment dishonoured).

Tenants and Landlords