A tenant/resident may cancel an electronic transaction if they:
- reject the Electronic Transactions (ET) terms and conditions, or
- do not accept the transaction details proposed by the agent.
A registered user of the RTBA Online ET Facility may cancel the transaction if the:
- lodgement does not proceed
- tenant wants to complete a paper form
- registered user enters the transaction information incorrectly.
An electronic lodgement is also cancelled if a direct debit request fails and the RTBA does not hold any funds (similar to a payment dishonoured).