Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

How do I change my bond details where I have changed my name?

You have two options:

  1. Complete a Tenant Transfer form specifying your original name as outgoing tenant, and your new name as incoming tenant. All other parties to the bond must also sign this form. Send the completed form together with a copy of the Marriage Certificate or Change of Name Certificate to the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA). Upon the receipt of valid documents, the RTBA will change the details of the bond.
  2. Leave the bond details as they are until you claim the bond. Complete the Bond Claim form with your new name and submit it together with the Marriage Certificate or Change of Name Certificate.

The documents mentioned above can be sent to the RTBA by:

  • mail to:
    Locked Bag 007
    Wendouree VIC 3355
  • fax, if the property manager is an RTBA Agent and is registered to use the RTBA Fax Facility.
Tenants and Landlords