Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

How do I lodge a Director of Housing (DoH) bond?

In order to lodge a DoH bond, a DoH Bond Lodgement form and a DoH cheque made payable to the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) are required. The DoH sends the form and cheque to the landlord or agent.

Once you have the DoH Bond Lodgement form signed by all the relevant parties, send the form and payment to the RTBA to:

Locked Bag 007
Wendouree VIC 3355.

Where the bond includes both a DoH and a private contribution, these portions must be lodged separately using two forms. For the:

  • private contribution - submit the Bond Lodgement form (standard form available through RTBA Online or from the RTBA) and a cheque or money order of bond payment for the amount of the private contribution
  • DoH contribution - submit the DoH Bond Lodgement form together with a DoH cheque.

The bond value declared on each lodgement form is not the total bond, but the amount the tenant/resident or the DoH has contributed.

Tenants and Landlords