Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

How should a landlord give tenants notice to vacate?

A landlord can give a tenant notice to vacate for several reasons. These are listed on our Landlord giving notice to vacate page.

If you are a landlord and you want your tenant to leave, you should use our Notice to vacate form.

After serving a tenant with a valid notice to vacate, you can apply for a possession order from the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).

The timeframes for applying for a possession order vary, depending on the reason.

As Victoria's consumer affairs regulator, we help landlords, agents and tenants understand their rights and responsibilities.

Tenants and Landlords