Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

Who can help with disputes between tenants over rental bonds?

We cannot get involved in disputes between tenants, including those regarding bond transfers.

Meet with the other tenant(s) to discuss the matter. If you cannot reach an agreement, you can seek assistance from the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria (DSCV). If this does not work, you may need to seek legal advice.

Contact details for DSCV:

1300 372 888
(03) 8684 1311
4/456 Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Postal Address:
PO Box 4113
Melbourne VIC 8060
Hours of Operation:
9am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday

Missing tenant signatures

If a tenant registered to the bond is overseas, or cannot be contacted, the remaining tenants can apply to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) for an order that directs the Residential Tenancy Bond Authority (RTBA) to pay the bond. The RTBA will comply with any order from VCAT.

As Victoria's consumer affairs regulator, we help landlords, agents and tenants understand their rights and responsibilities.

Tenants and Landlords