Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

Stopping a repayment cheque that has been sent to you

Send a completed Stop Cheque Authority form to the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA).

You can request this form through RTBA Online after five business days have passed since the cheque was issued.

To request the form: 

  1. Go to the RTBA Online website
  2. Ensure pop-ups are enabled
  3. Enter your Bond ID number, found on the bond receipt
  4. Enter your family name
  5. Select the type of user
  6. Click 'Search'. This opens the 'Bond Summary' page
  7. Go to the repayments sections, find your name and click on the 'Request stop cheque' button.

It takes around three business days to cancel the cheque. After the cheque cancellation is confirmed, the RTBA will make the repayment again using the information on the Stop Cheque Authority form you submitted.

Tenants and Landlords