Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

Taking a pet bond

The Residential Tenancies Act (the main law covering renting in Victoria) does not mention pet bonds. If you want to take a pet bond and the original weekly rental amount was less than $350 per week, you must apply to the Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) to seek approval to take more than four weeks’ rent as a bond.

Tenants and Landlords