Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

Transferring the bond to another tenant or resident

To transfer a bond to another tenant or resident, submit a completed Tenant Transfer form to the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA).

To generate this form online:

  1. Visit the RTBA Online website.
  2. Ensure pop-ups are enabled, otherwise you will not be able to generate the form.
  3. Enter your Bond ID number, found on the bond receipt.
  4. Enter your family name.
  5. Select the type of user and then click 'Search'. This opens the Bond Summary page.
  6. Select 'Transfer this bond' menu item. This opens a new page where you select 'Tenant Transfer'.
  7. Enter the details on each page and then select 'Generate Form'. 
  8. Once generated, the Tenant Transfer form must be printed, then signed by the tenant/resident and landlord/agent.
  9. Mail the completed form to:

    Locked Bag 007
    Wendouree VIC 3355
Tenants and Landlords