If an agency business name (also known as trading name) has changed, the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) requires a:
- cover letter from the company director requesting a change in name, and
- Certificate of Business Registration, or a 'Current Business Name Extract'.
If a company name has changed, but the ownership remains the same, the RTBA requires a:
- cover letter from the company director requesting the change in name, and
- copy of the Certificate of Company Registration.
If a company name and ownership have changed, the agency must:
- Register as a new agency to be an RTBA agent.
- Once you have received a new RTBA number, submit documents for a bulk transfer or rent roll from the old RTBA number to the new number.
- Send an official letter to the RTBA requesting to deactivate the old RTBA number.
The RTBA recommends you complete these three steps separately to prevent confusion in processing the transactions.