Search rental bond information

Skip listen and sharing tools

When a tenant disagrees with how much the landlord or agent wants to claim from the bond

If you and your landlord/agent or owner cannot agree on the division of the bond, you can apply to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) for a hearing to resolve the matter. Application forms are available from the VCAT website or by calling 03 9628 9800.

As a tenant or resident, you may apply to VCAT for a hearing relating to bonds at any time after the end of the tenancy or residency.

If you receive an order from VCAT directing the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) to release the funds, you must:

  • complete a Bond Claim form with payment details
  • attach the complete VCAT order to the form.

You do not need the signature of the landlord/agent or owner.

Tenants and Landlords