Non-urgent repairs

Skip listen and sharing tools

Applying to VCAT for a repair order

If you have:

  • written to the landlord but the non-urgent repairs in the rental property have not been fixed within 14 days, and
  • submitted a Request for repairs inspection form to us, and we have conducted an inspection of the non-urgent repairs in the rental property and given you a report

you have 60 days from when you receive a copy of our report to apply to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) for a repair order. Visit the Application by a tenant or landlord page on the VCAT website, or call 1300 01 8228 (1300 01 VCAT). Calling this number costs the same as a local call. Additional charges may apply if you call from overseas, on a mobile or payphone.

While the issue is unresolved, you can apply for the rent or hiring charges to be paid into VCAT's Rent Special Account.

Where to next: