Consumer Affairs Victoria is seeking applicants from suitable people for appointment to the Estate Agents Council as a consumer representative member.
The Estate Agents Council is a statutory body established under section 6 of the Estate Agents Act 1980 (the Act).
The Estate Agents Council is responsible for:
- monitoring the operation of the Act and the regulations
- assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of regulation of the real estate industry under the Act
- monitoring developments in the real estate industry generally
- advising the Minister for Consumer Affairs, Gaming and Liquor Regulation on any of the aforementioned matters
- responding to issues referred to the Council by the Minister, and
- making recommendations relating to the applications of grants under section 76 of the Act to the Victorian Property Fund.
You can apply by sending your curriculum vitae and a statement addressing the key selection criteria:
Project Manager, Executive Services
Consumer Affairs Victoria
GPO Box 123
Melbourne VIC 3001
For more information about the position, including the selection criteria, download the Information for applicants document (Word, 42KB).
You may also call (03) 8684 6298 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 11 March 2018.
Consumer Affairs Victoria is committed to ensuring that government boards and committees reflect the composition of the Victorian community. This includes appropriate representation of women, Aboriginal people, Torres Strait Islanders, Victoria’s culturally diverse community, regional Victorians and Victorians with a disability.