Download the options paper
This options paper is open for public consultation until 28 April 2017.
Making a submission
Consumer Property Law Review
Policy and Legislation Branch
Consumer Affairs Victoria
GPO Box 123
Melbourne VIC 3001
Unless you label your submission as confidential, your submission or its contents will be made publicly available in this and any subsequent review process. Submissions may be subject to Freedom of Information and other laws. Consumer Affairs Victoria reserves the right to not publish information that could be seen to be defamatory or discriminatory.
Please ensure any documents sent via email do not exceed 5MB in size. Word documents are preferred, for accessibility reasons.
Your submission must include:
- your name
- organisation name (if applicable)
- your email address.
This options paper responds to submissions received on Issues Paper 3: Sale of Land and Business, released during 2016 as part of the Consumer Property Law Review.
This paper presents options for consideration in the following areas:
- pre-sale disclosure
- offences relating to misleading and deceptive conduct across the Sale of Land Act 1962 and Estate Agents Act 1980
- auctions of land
- regulating the content of contracts of sale, including general and special conditions, and the role of estate agents in relation to these contracts
- early release of deposits
- off-the-plan sales
- terms contracts and rent-to-buy arrangements
- land banking
- small business statements and other protections in the Estate Agents Act
- modernisation of the Sale of Land Act
- dispute resolution
- offences and remedies.
Feedback on this options paper will inform the government in determining final legislative reforms.