The Sex Work Regulations 2016 commenced on 1 June 2016 following consideration of the results of public consultation.
These new regulations replace the previous Sex Work Regulations 2006 which were due to expire in June 2016. They were finalised after we considered 14 submissions made during a public consultation which closed on 4 March 2014.
The Sex Work Regulations 2016 support the operation of the Sex Work Act 1994, prescribing particulars relating to:
- a list of sexually transmissible infections
- health and safety requirements
- safety matters relevant to the suitability of licence applicants
- advertising controls
- registration details for exempt small owner-operators
- sexual slavery signage
- the form of Registrar's certificates
- certain infringement offences.
Our Sex work service providers section has been updated to include changes as a result of the commencement of the new Sex Work Regulations 2016.
View the Sex Work Regulations 2016 on the Victorian Legislation and Parliamentary Documents website.