Skip listen and sharing tools

Dispute resolution services

We will work with you and your tenant to help you reach an agreement. Our aim is to provide a quick service to allow both parties to have certainty.

We will use information you and the tenant provide to try to find an outcome that shares the financial burden.

If a property manager or estate agent is representing you through dispute resolution, they should be authorised to make decisions on your behalf, have sufficient information on which to do so, and be transparent in their role as agent between you, us and the tenant.

If we are not able to help you agree, we will refer you to the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria (DSCV) for their free, specialised mediation service.

DSCV will convene a conciliation, where an accredited mediator will help develop options, consider alternatives and reach an agreement tailored to your individual financial and personal circumstances.

If you resolve your dispute, a written agreement will be prepared by the accredited mediator and then provided to you. This agreement will also be registered with Consumer Affairs Victoria.

Find out more about conciliations in our: