Skip listen and sharing tools

Dispute resolution services

We will work with you and the landlord or their agent to help you reach an agreement. Our aim is to provide a quick service to allow both parties to have certainty. We will use information you and the landlord provide to try to find an outcome that shares the financial burden.

If we’re not able to help you agree, we will refer you to the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria (DSCV) for their free, specialised mediation service.

DSCV will convene a conciliation, where an accredited mediator will help develop options, consider alternatives and reach an agreement tailored to your individual financial and personal circumstances.

If you resolve your dispute, a written agreement will be prepared by the accredited mediator and then provided to you. This agreement will also be registered with Consumer Affairs Victoria.

For more information, see our:

If a reduced rent agreement is reached with the help of us or DSCV, this will be recorded and the parties notified of the recorded agreement.