The draft Company Titles (Home Units) Bill provides the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) with jurisdiction to hear company title home unit disputes relating to domestic issues (for example, rules regarding conditions of use of the building), in order to promote lower costs and speedier access to justice.
Currently, residents of a company title building in dispute with other residents or the company only have legal recourse to the courts, often only the Supreme Court or the Federal Court.
View the draft Company Titles (Home Units) Bill (Word, 157KB).
For more information, view the Explanatory statement.
The draft bill was open for public consultation from 13 August to 21 September 2012.
All submissions received will be considered in the development of the final bill for presentation to the Parliament.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright for submissions resides with the author(s), not with Consumer Affairs Victoria.
- Australian Institute of Conveyancers Vic Division Inc (Word, 329KB)
- P Barnett (Word, 21KB)
- J Byrnes (Word, 20KB)
- N Gray I (Word, 20KB)
- N Gray II (Word, 20 KB)
- M and G Hoy (Word, 20KB)
- John Bailey Strata Management (Word, 27KB)
- Law Institute of Victoria (Word, 335KB)
- Real Estate Institute of Victoria (Word, 1.1MB)
- V Ross (Word, 21KB)
- Strata Community Australia Vic (Word, 78KB)
- Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (Word, 195KB)