Skip listen and sharing tools

Expiring agreements and dispute resolution orders

If you and your landlord agree, you can extend a reduced rent agreement. This applies to agreements you reached privately or through us. The end date of your agreement can be after the end of the six-month moratorium.

Once you have agreed to an extended reduced rent agreement, register it with us.  

If you want to extend an agreement but your landlord doesn’t, contact us for help.

The Chief Dispute Resolution Officer (CDRO) for Residential Tenancies can amend or extend a dispute resolution order in certain circumstances. Contact your Dispute Settlement Centre Victoria case officer to discuss changes to your dispute resolution order. The end date of an order can be after the end of the six-month moratorium.

You and your landlord must still comply with your dispute resolution order after the temporary laws expire.