We provide information and advice in the following areas:
We offer further information in these sections:
Forms and publications
We publish a range of forms, guides, research reports and policies. To find these, view our Forms and publications page.
We provide consumer and tenancy services, such as:
- offices across metropolitan and regional Victoria, including a mobile service which travels throughout regional Victoria
- advice and help for Indigenous consumers. Telephone 1300 66 15 11 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
- assistance to conciliate a dispute with a business or landlord
- information sessions and workshops in the community
- advocacy support for eligible Victorians, including representation before the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
Our service charter
Our service charter is like a promise to you, our clients and stakeholders, about the standard of service we will provide.
We review service standards and client satisfaction regularly, and amend our procedures and strategies to make our services easier for everyone to access.
What you can expect from us
When you deal with us you can expect:
- timely, accurate and accessible service
- to be dealt with fairly and courteously
- to have your privacy rights respected
- that we will advise you of waiting times, and of a time frame for the progress or completion of your complaint
- that we will provide you with an explanation of our procedures, and what we can and cannot do
- that we will identify ourselves when talking or writing to you
- that we will answer your enquiry or transfer your call to the appropriate person
- that if your issue is outside our area of authority and it is possible to refer you to another agency, we will do so
- our facilities to be safe and accessible
- that we will have special regard for the needs of vulnerable and disadvantaged customers
- that we will advise you of any appeal rights that you may have.
We welcome constructive and critical feedback, to help improve our customer service. For more information, view our Provide feedback page.
Last updated: 20/08/2013