Anyone affected by a decision of the Director of Consumer Affairs Victoria can apply to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal for a review of the decision.
After reviewing a decision, the tribunal can:
- affirm the decision of the director
- vary the decision of the director
- set aside the decision of the director and make another decision in substitution
- refer the decision back to the director for re-consideration in accordance with any directions or recommendations of the tribunal.
However, you cannot ask the tribunal to review a decision to:
- commence an investigation on a matter
- prosecute a person or take other enforcement action
- refer a matter to the Magistrates’ Court for a decision (for example, seeking a declaration that a person is ineligible to be a trustee, or to appoint an administrator of a patriotic fund).