Change in charity status

Skip listen and sharing tools

Notify us of change in charity status

If you are a deemed registered fundraiser which has lost its charity status with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), you must notify us via myCAV.

To notify us of a change in charity status, the Fundraiser Responsible Person must:

  • go to your myCAV homepage
  • select ‘View registration details’ (under ‘Licenses and registrations’) for the relevant Fundraiser Deemed Registration
  • select ‘Notify of change in charity status’ (under ‘I want to’)
  • complete the notification by answering ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to the question about whether you wish to continue fundraising in Victoria.

Note: Only the Fundraiser Responsible Person for that deemed registered fundraiser is able to notify us.

If you answer ‘Yes’

You will see a message informing you that you must:

  • provide us with additional information to continue holding a fundraising registration, and
  • submit annual statements and registration renewals as part of your ongoing registration requirements.

Note: If you proceed with this notification, your deemed fundraiser registration will expire. A new fundraiser number will be issued if your registration is granted.

If you answer ‘No’

You will see a message informing you that:

  • you will lose your fundraiser registration, and
  • no longer be permitted to conduct fundraising in Victoria.

Notify us of change in charity status