Contact us

Skip listen and sharing tools

Before you contact us

  1. Find out if we can help you: We provide information and advice on a variety of areas; however, for some issues there are other organisations that can help you better. To find the most appropriate organisation to help you with your matter, view our Who to go to for help page.
  2. Read the information on our website: Our website has a lot of helpful information and advice, so you may get answers quicker this way. For a list of topics we cover, view our Homepage.
  3. Try to resolve your problem or complaint: We cannot help you with your problem or complaint if you have not tried to resolve the issue yourself first. For more information and tips on how to do this, view our Resolve your problem or complaint section.

How to contact us

If you are unable to find the information you are looking for, need clarification on your rights and obligations, or would like to provide feedback about our services, you can contact us in the following ways:

Business hours

9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Monday to Friday (except public holidays)


1300 55 81 81

This service assists callers who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.

1300 66 15 11

For information about specialist disability accommodation.

1300 40 43 19

9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)

Interpreter service logo 

For information and advice in languages other than English, call 131 450 during business hours and say the English name of your language. Then ask the interpreter to call 1300 55 81 81.

Some of our information is translated into other languages. View our Other languages section.

National Relay Service logo

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, you can call us through the NRS.

TTY users: call 133 677, then ask for 1300 55 81 81.

Speak & Listen users (speech-to-speech relay): call 1300 555 727, then ask for 1300 55 81 81.

Internet relay users: connect to the NRS via the National Relay Service website, then ask for 1300 55 81 81.

Calling us costs the same as a local call. Additional charges may apply if you are calling from overseas, on a mobile, or payphone.


To email us your enquiry, use our General enquiry form.

For questions about business licensing, use our Business Licensing Authority enquiry form.

To email us your complaint, use our General complaint form.


Consumer Affairs Victoria
GPO Box 123
Melbourne VIC 3001

Consumer Affairs Victoria
GPO Box 4567
Melbourne VIC 3001

Office locations

We provide face-to-face assistance at our regional and metropolitan offices by appointment only. If you haven't been able to find the information you need on our website, you can call 1300 55 81 81 for advice. Our staff will discuss your issue with you and determine if an appointment at one of our offices is required.

  • Box Hill
  • Dandenong
  • Reservoir
  • Werribee
  • Ballarat
  • Bendigo
  • Geelong
  • Mildura
  • Morwell
  • Shepparton
  • Wangaratta
  • Warrnambool
  • Wodonga

Provide feedback about our services

To make a complaint, compliment, or suggestion about Consumer Affairs Victoria, view our Provide feedback about Consumer Affairs Victoria page.