RTBA Online is a safe and secure system for electronic bond transactions that allows you to lodge bonds online in a quick and convenient way.
To lodge a Homes Victoria bond, you must ensure that the renter (tenant) has given you a Homes Victoria bond voucher. Check the details on the voucher thoroughly before presenting the voucher to the RTBA.
- Visit rentalbonds.vic.gov.au and sign in to RTBA Online.
- Select the ‘Present a Homes Victoria Voucher’ tab.
- Enter in the number in the ‘Voucher Number’ field and select ‘Confirm voucher details’.
- Review and confirm that the bond details are correct.
If the details on the voucher are incorrect or there are errors, you cannot change them on RTBA Online. The renter (tenant) must get a replacement voucher with correct details from the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH).
- Select ‘Present the voucher’ and the transaction is finalised.
- You will now see a confirmation page with the voucher number and a transaction number. Record the transaction number as you can use it to track the bond status.
Visit RTBA Online at rentalbonds.vic.gov.au or call 1300 137 164 for more information.