Renters (tenants) can update their email and mobile number by following the steps below.
1. Go to RTBA Online, select 'Look Up Your Bond', then enter the details and select 'Tenant'.
2. From the 'Bond Summary' screen, select 'Update contact details'.
3. Confirm which renter (tenant) you are by selecting your name.
Note: If the bond is pending, cancelled, closed, suspended or incomplete you will not be able to continue and you will see a message similar to this one below.
4. If you have an email address (unique to you and not shared by others) recorded on the bond in the RTBA’s records, it will be displayed in this screen below.
5. If you still have access to the email address displayed in step 4, the RTBA will email you to confirm it works.
6. When you get the email from the RTBA, click on the link as shown below. Go to point 9 below.
7. If you do not have:
a) an email address (unique to you and not shared by others) recorded on the bond, or
b) access to your email address anymore
you will be asked to verify your identity.
8. Select ‘Proceed to Service Victoria’ and follow the prompts.
9. When your identity is verified, enter your new contact details, select 'Submit changes' and follow the prompts.
Note: Your family name on the bond must be the same as your legal name. If you cannot match your family name to the one on your documents, you must update your family name on the bond before you can continue. Contact the RTBA to update the name on the bond. You must supply proof of name change, such as a marriage certificate or a change of name certificate. Alternatively, you may contact your property manager to arrange changing your name on the bond details through a bond transfer.
10. You will see an 'Update Tenant Contact Details' confirmation page. This completes the process.