Tenants can update their email and mobile number by following the steps below.
1. Go to RTBA Online (rentalbonds.vic.gov.au) and 'Look Up Your Bond', enter the details and select 'Tenant'.
2. From the 'Bond Summary' screen, select 'Update contact details'.
3. Confirm which tenant you are by selecting the button.
Note: If the bond is pending, cancelled, closed, suspended or incomplete you will not be able to continue and you will see a screen similar to the message below.
4. If you have an email address (unique to you and not shared by others) recorded on the bond in the RTBA’s records, it will be displayed in this screen below.
5. If you still have access to the email address displayed in step 4, the RTBA will email you to confirm it works.
6. Click on the link in the email when you receive it from the RTBA as shown below. Go to point 9 below.
7. If you do not have:
a) an email address (unique to you and not shared by others) recorded on the bond, or
b) access to your email address any longer
you will be asked to verify your identity.
8. Click on ‘Proceed to Service Victoria’ button and follow the prompts.
9. When your identity is verified, enter your new contact details, select 'Submit changes' and follow the prompts.
Note: Your family name on the bond must be the same as your legal name. If you can’t match your family name to that on your documents, you must update your family name on the bond before you can proceed. Contact the RTBA to update the name on the bond. You must supply proof of name change such as a marriage certificate or a change of name certificate. Alternatively, you may contact your property manager to arrange a change to the name on the bond details from the old to the new by way of a bond transfer.
10. You will receive a 'Update Tenant Contact Details' confirmation page which completes the process.