Tenant's guide - how to update your contact details (email and mobile number)

Skip listen and sharing tools

Tenants can update their email and mobile number by following the steps below.

1. Go to RTBA Online (rentalbonds.vic.gov.au) and 'Look Up Your Bond', enter the details and select 'Tenant'.

Look up your bond

2. From the 'Bond Summary' screen, select 'Update contact details'.

Bond summary

3. Confirm which tenant you are by selecting the button.

Select tenant

Note: If the bond is pending, cancelled, closed, suspended or incomplete you will not be able to continue and you will see a screen similar to the message below.

Email address displayed

4. If you have an email address (unique to you and not shared by others) recorded on the bond in the RTBA’s records, it will be displayed in this screen below.

Your email address displayed.

5. If you still have access to the email address displayed in step 4, the RTBA will email you to confirm it works.

RTBA will email confirmation. 

RTBA will email confirmation.

6. Click on the link in the email when you receive it from the RTBA as shown below. Go to point 9 below.

Click on the link in the email.

7. If you do not have:

a) an email address (unique to you and not shared by others) recorded on the bond, or
b) access to your email address any longer

you will be asked to verify your identity.

 If you do not have an email address or access to your email address.


Verify your identity

8. Click on ‘Proceed to Service Victoria’ button and follow the prompts.

Proceed to Service Victoria

9. When your identity is verified, enter your new contact details, select 'Submit changes' and follow the prompts.

Note: Your family name on the bond must be the same as your legal name. If you can’t match your family name to that on your documents, you must update your family name on the bond before you can proceed. Contact the RTBA to update the name on the bond. You must supply proof of name change such as a marriage certificate or a change of name certificate. Alternatively, you may contact your property manager to arrange a change to the name on the bond details from the old to the new by way of a bond transfer.

Submit changes

10. You will receive a 'Update Tenant Contact Details' confirmation page which completes the process.


Confirmation page