Commercial and retail leases

Skip listen and sharing tools

Our renting information does not apply to commercial/retail leases. Our jurisdiction covers only residential leases. 

If you rent a property mainly as your home, but also run a business there, our information may be relevant to you if the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (the Act) applies. For example, if the retail premises also includes a residential premises which is not leased to the retail tenant, then the tenant in the residential part of the premises is covered by the Act.

For information on and dispute resolution services for commercial/retail leases, visit the Victorian Small Business Commissioner website.