The Fundraising Regulations 2019 will commence on 1 June 2019.
The new Regulations replace the previous Fundraising Regulations 2009 which were due to expire on 23 June 2019. The new Regulations were made after considering stakeholder submissions which closed on 21 December 2018.
The Fundraising Regulations 2019 support the current operation of the Fundraising Act 1998 (the Act). The Regulations:
- prescribe certain activities as not being fundraising appeals
- specify additional requirements for identification badges worn by persons who are conducting or participating in a fundraising appeal
- prescribe certain record-keeping requirements
- prescribe the information and consents required for an application to renew registration as a fundraiser
- prescribe the fee for inspecting records
- prescribe infringement penalties for offences in section 61D of the Act
- prescribe additional information that may be contained in the register of fundraising appeals
- prescribe other matters necessary to give effect to the Act.
The Fundraising Regulations are substantially the same as the previous Fundraising Regulations 2009 but have been amended:
- to require that identification badge numbers issued to persons collecting from a motor vehicle are unique rather than sequential
- prescribe the fee for inspecting records to be $25.00.
The Fundraising Regulations 2019 are now available on the Victorian Legislation and Parliamentary documents website.