Consumer Affairs Victoria is encouraging former residents of the now-closed Berkeley Living Retirement Village (Berkeley Living) (or their executors or legal representatives) to come forward in relation to a potential court action.
The Director of Consumer Affairs Victoria is considering making an application on behalf of former residents (or their legal representatives) to seek various orders to:
- enforce a charge securing repayment of in-going contributions paid by former residents; and
- determine what payments affected former residents are entitled to.
If you are:
- an affected former resident of Berkeley Living
- the executor of an estate of an affected former resident; or
- able to act on behalf of an affected former resident
and have paid an in-going contribution to the former manager(s) of Berkeley Living that has not been repaid, whether wholly or partially, please contact Holding Redlich, the law firm engaged in relation to the potential court action, via email to Berkeley.Living@holdingredlich.com