The Director of Consumer Affairs Victoria, Nicole Rich, has issued a public warning to consumers about furniture removalist company Ajanvi Pty Ltd, trading as My Moovers.
The Melbourne-based company operates nationally and engages consumers via its website, mymoovers.com.au.
Ms Rich believes the publication of a public warning notice about the company is in the public interest, given a disproportionately high number of recent contacts about My Moovers to Consumer Affairs Victoria, and the high level of consumer detriment evident in these contacts.
Ms Rich said issuing the public warning was necessary because there are allegations My Moovers has continued to act in breach of the Australian Consumer Law (Vic), despite assurances in 2018 by the company that it had improved its business practices and again in 2020 that it has undertaken further remedial actions.
Public warnings against Ajanvi Pty Ltd, trading as My Moovers, have also recently been issued by the Queensland Office of Fair Trading and Consumer Protection Western Australia.
Consumer Affairs Victoria continued to receive contacts from consumers throughout 2020, raising ongoing and serious concerns about My Moovers’ willingness to comply with its legal obligations.
Complaints included allegations that My Moovers had:
- acted in an unprofessional and aggressive manner
- failed to exercise due care and skill
- failed to accept liability for damage caused to walls and items such as furniture
- failed to provide services as agreed, such as using inadequately sized vehicles
- failed to attend jobs on time as arranged
- failed to disclose the total cost of their services and charged above their quotation
- purposely drove longer travel routes between properties to increase the amount charged for their services, and
- failed to adequately deal with consumer complaints.
Ms Rich urged consumers to be cautious about entering into any agreements with My Moovers.
Anyone with concerns about My Moovers can contact Consumer Affairs Victoria on 1300 55 81 81 or email email@example.com.
Download the public warning:
My Moovers - Public warning notice (PDF, 207KB).