The Director of Consumer Affairs Victoria has applied to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) for inquiries into the matters of Robert Pedersen and Robert Pedersen Real Estate Pty Ltd (ACN 142 558 674).
Our Director alleges that Robert Pedersen Real Estate in Heidelberg Heights, and its sole director and officer in effective control, Mr Pedersen, 69, of MacLeod, contravened the Estate Agents Act 1980 (the Act) by not having their trust accounts audited within the required time.
Our Director also alleges that Mr Pedersen and the company contravened the Estate Agents (General, Account and Audit) Regulations 2008 by allowing the agency to fail to:
- keep the required trust account cash receipts journal and trust account cash payments journal
- complete and keep a trust account reconciliation statement at the end of each month.
The contraventions are alleged to have occurred for the periods ending 30 June 2015, 30 June 2016 and 30 June 2017.
We are seeking orders that VCAT do one or more of the following:
- reprimand Mr Pedersen and/or the company
- require Mr Pedersen and/or the company to comply with any requirement specified by VCAT
- cancel Mr Pedersen and/or the company’s licence and disqualify him - either permanently or temporarily - from holding a licence
- temporarily suspend Mr Pedersen and/or the company’s licence
- impose any condition or limitation on any licence held by Mr Pedersen and/or the company
- declare Mr Pedersen and/or the company to be ineligible to hold a licence, either permanently or temporarily
- require Mr Pedersen and/or the company to enter into an undertaking to perform, or not to perform, certain specified tasks
- impose a penalty of up to $5000 on Mr Pedersen and/or the company.