Consumer Affairs Victoria Director Nicole Rich has issued a public warning about a Footscray-based mobile car detailing and car wash company, after serious allegations were raised by consumers.
Sam the Man Group Pty Ltd (ACN 650 823 537), trading as Sam the Man Car Care, promotes its services via its website and Facebook page.
Customers allege Sam the Man Car Care took significant deposits upfront, before asking for further funds while in possession of their vehicles, creating undue pressure on the customer.
The business would then hold on to the vehicle for an unreasonably long period.
Other allegations include that Sam the Man Car Care:
- made false or misleading representations about the price of its services, increasing the initial quote provided and agreed to with consumers without consulting the consumer
- charged for additional services that consumers did not request
- failed to carry out services within the agreed time or within a reasonable period
- returned vehicles with damage incurred while in Sam the Man’s possession; and
- failed to return cars to customers within the agreed timeframe, or at all.
Given the serious nature of the issues raised, Rich is urging consumers to be cautious when dealing with Sam the Man Car Care.
If you have had a negative experience as a customer of Sam the Man Car Care, contact us for further information or advice.