Consumer Affairs Victoria has launched a disciplinary inquiry at VCAT into estate agent Tsun Ngai Lee. Mr Lee, 60, of Caroline Springs, trades under the business name Ably Realtor Worldwide Agency.
We allege that Mr Lee breached his duties under Victoria’s estate agent laws by:
- not complying with an existing condition on his estate agent’s licence
- not always acting fairly and honestly in his work as an estate agent, and
- engaging in conduct detrimental to the estate agent industry’s reputation or interests.
It is also alleged that Mr Lee:
- did not meet his trust account audit obligations for the 2018-19 financial year, and
- is not a fit and proper person to hold an estate agent’s licence.
The action against Mr Lee follows an investigation as part of our estate agent compliance monitoring program.
After conducting an inquiry, VCAT can make any of the following orders against an estate agent:
- suspend or cancel their licence
- declare them ineligible to hold a licence, either permanently or temporarily
- place conditions or limitations on a licence
- impose financial penalties.
VCAT will hear the matter at a date to be set.