The landlord of a Mont Albert rooming house has been fined $3000 after being found guilty of seven breaches of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997.
Yan Liu committed breaches of the Act by failing to:
- provide tenants with the required condition report
- give tenants a statement of rights and duties
- provide tenants with his name and contact number for urgent repairs
- complete and sign a bond lodgement form and give the form to the tenants
- lodge bonds received with the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority within 10 business days
- comply with the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act 1998.
Mr Liu also breached the Act by preparing tenancy agreements in a non-prescribed form.
The breaches related to Mr Liu’s failure to meet his obligations in relation to two residents of a rooming house he operated in Kenmore Street, Mont Albert.