You should always confirm the owners corporation manager you are dealing with is registered.
The information in the public register online is current as at 20 April 2018.
View the public register
Information in the public register
The purpose of the owners corporations managers public register is to provide:
- lot owners and the public with information about registered managers, including whether a manager is covered by professional indemnity insurance
- the Director of Consumer Affairs Victoria and the Business Licensing Authority (BLA) with contact information to inform managers about changes to legislation affecting them
- the Director of Consumer Affairs Victoria and the BLA with information on owners corporations managed by a registered manager, to enable them to contact the owners corporations about the activities of the manager.
The requirement to maintain the register is outlined in section 194 of the Owners Corporations Act 2006.
The online register provides:
- the manager's name
- the manager's registration number
- any business names the manager uses to carry on business
- the manager's business address
- any notification to the BLA of a registered manager not holding current professional indemnity insurance.
In addition to the information available online, the full owners corporation managers public register also includes:
- the manager's telephone number and email address (if any)
- the manager's business website (if any)
- current details of professional indemnity insurance held by the manager
- any orders of the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) under the Owners Corporations Act 2006 relating to the manager, including orders for their appointment or removal
- any undertakings given to the Director of Consumer Affairs Victoria under the Owners Corporations Act 2006 or the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012
- the date of grant, surrender or cancellation of the manager's registration
- any other prescribed information.
If the manager is a corporation, the full public register includes:
- the address of its registered office, or address for service if this is different from its registered office
- its telephone number and email address (if any)
- the name of each director
- its Australian Company Number
- its Australian Business Number (if any).
The BLA does not include all the information it collects, but may provide such information to government departments and agencies for law enforcement, in accordance with the relevant business licensing legislation.
The registers are only as accurate as the information provided to us. The BLA tries to obtain accurate and up-to-date information during and after the registration process.
There may be a short delay between when the BLA receives information and when you can see it in the register.
Decisions may be subject to review
Many of the BLA's decisions can be reviewed by the VCAT. You can apply to VCAT to review the BLA’s reviewable decisions within 28 days of the date of the decision.
The register will reflect the BLA’s decision pending the outcome of the review, unless VCAT suspends the BLA's decision until the end of the review proceedings.
If you wish to use information from a public register in legal proceedings, obtain a Registrar's certificate by calling the BLA on 1300 13 54 52. Calling this number costs the same as a local call. Additional charges may apply if you are calling from overseas, on a mobile or payphone.
A full extract includes all current and historical information about a licensee. Full extracts of most registers are available from the BLA for a fee. For more information, call the BLA on 1300 13 54 52.
Request bulk public register information
To request bulk public register information, you must set out the intended use in writing to the BLA Registrar, who will take into account:
- the purpose of the request
- the requirements of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and relevant business licensing legislation.
The BLA will not release information for use in direct marketing or similar commercial activities.
Fees may apply.
For more information, call the BLA on 1300 13 54 52.
Where to next: