As a manager, you must be aware of restrictions which apply to you when voting by proxy at a ballot or general meeting on contracts of appointment or reappointment:
- you (or any other person) cannot require a lot owner to give you a proxy
- you must act honestly, in good faith and exercise due care and diligence when voting by proxy
- you cannot vote on matters affecting your delegation, appointment, payment or removal if you are not a lot owner
- your contract is voidable unless it is affirmed by the owners corporation by a special resolution if you vote as a proxy on your contract of appointment.
The legislation also requires that a proxy:
- be written in the prescribed form. Download the Owners corporation proxy (Word, 54KB)
- name an individual person
- not be transferred to a third person
- be delivered to the owners corporation secretary
- lapses after 12 months.
You must comply with the restrictions on voting by proxy and advise lot owners of the requirements for voting by proxy.